Monday, July 5, 2010

Digesting

So I've been doing lots of reading on the chemo forums while I am awaiting the the results of the ONCO Type test. This is a test that indicates several things. 1. How likely a chance the cancer will reoccur or metastasize and 2. If chemo would be beneficial. For me its going to help me figure out the level of chemo I will need. I have accepted the fact that I will need chemo. Even though all the cancer has been removed, with a grade 3 tumor and the fact that it was invasive puts it on the hirer risk side. The good news is that it was caught early and that is a positive. The next thing I have to deal with is if radiation is required. There is a concern that the margin was not as clear as they (the docs) would like. Typically they like to see a 2mm margin and I had a 1mm to the DCIS areas. I had a 4mm to the invasive tumor. I'm hoping that if I have to do chemo, I may be able to avoid radiation but at this point I can't rule anything out.

So chemo..... I will be loosing my hair.

If I fall in the mid range, (my best case scenario) I would be receiving 4 treatments. One treatment every 3 weeks. (So 3 months total). She mentioned TC for that regiment.

If I fall in the High risk (where my luck would put me) Then I'm in for 4 months of treatment of ACT given every other week.

The exact names of the drugs I am reading about but don't have my notes in front of me. I've been reading about the SE (Side effects) as well as the administration of them. There is the gamete from the ladies who have sever side effects and those who have none. I've been on message boards (Specialty type) before and have learned while there seem to be a lot more people with issues than you would think. "We" cancer patients, triplet/ multiple parents all tend to congregate in similar places so that it me "seem" like more. So as with the surgery I'm just going to take things one step at a time and see where I end up. I think you don't here so much about the people who do great as they get busy with their lives and don't post as often.

I have to say I'm guilty of that. I'm feeling good finally, and can pretty much do most things i need to do. Still need to work on exercise and figure out work of some sort. Part of me is not sure what to do because I have no idea what to except time or energy wise. I have this gut feeling that once the onco score comes back chemo is going to be started ASAP. Makes it real hard to plan things.

Well new week is going to begin. Holiday weekend is done. Em's extended school year starts tomorrow so hopefully I can get some sort of routine in place and get caught up on a few things. So much more to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment