Monday, June 28, 2010

6 Weeks

Its hard to believe that its been 6 weeks since my surgery. Overall I'm doing great. Tomorrow is a big day. I meet with an oncologist. (ONC) I have to say that I'm very nervous about that one. I just got a hold of the Path report and Surgical grading has kept me at a stage 1. (no Lymph node involvement) Although there is something in the report talking about focal lymphatic invasion in the DCIS section. Yes They did find areas of DCIS. I also have had to tumor graded at a grade 3. I really did not want to deal with chemo. Between that and the BS called and the areas of DCIS only had a margin on 1mm (she likes 2mm) and her wanting me to see a radiation oncologist. I knew I would be having to deal with Hormone therapy and not totally thrilled with that.

I just don't feel prepared for this appointment. When I met with the BS and the PS, I had read so much on what I was in for and the was clear and I had a handle on it. There are so many forms and types of ways chemo can go that I really can't do much until I meet with the doctor and get an idea as to the direction of treatment. Between that and the up coming OOPH, I'm not sure what to be prepared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment